YingHua International School (YHIS) is pursuing an ambitious path to offer Chinese-English dual language education for pre-school through Grade 8, following an internationally-focused, inquiry-based curriculum with small class sizes. YHIS is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools and is an International Baccalaureate candidate school. In addition, the YHIS community offers other ways to engage in vibrant learning, including through summer camp, Parent & Me classes, and other educational events for the wider community.
At YHIS, our mission is to enable academic excellence and prepare students for compassionate, effective, and ethical global citizenship by facilitating English and Chinese language acquisition and instilling a passion for lifelong learning.
To realize this vision, YHIS invites you to help. As a private, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) institution, YHIS depends solely on tuition and the generosity of partner friends and families for financial support. This season, we are broadening our circle of support.
All amounts are welcome. Donors who contribute (including any employer match) during July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017 will be recognized in the school’s annual newsletter as follows:
$10,000 and above: Angel
$5,000 - $9,999: Guardian
$1,000 - $4,999: Benefactor
$500 - $999: Patron
$499 and under: Supporter
WAYS TO GIVE
Gifts to YHIS are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law and should qualify for employer matches. Please see below for info on giving by check, PayPal, stock, your IRA, trusts, insurance, your will, employer matching/other gifts, and in-kind gifts. Please note that the material presented on this website is not offered as legal or tax advice. Thank you, in advance, for your generosity!
To make a donation, please send your check to:
YingHua International School
25 Laurel Avenue
P.O. Box 88
Kingston, NJ 08528-0088
Giving via Paypal is just one click away.
If you give appreciated securities, please note that, in addition to your income tax deduction, you will not pay capital gains tax, to the extent allowed by law.
Through Your IRAIf you are 70 ½ years or older, you may give to YHIS directly from your traditional IRA, by authorizing the IRA administrator to transfer the funds to YHIS. Such a gift will not be subject to federal tax for a withdrawal and will count toward your annual minimum required distribution. (It will not qualify for a deduction, as the IRA was funded “pre-tax.”) If you have retirement assets in other vehicles, such as a 401k, 403b, etc., you must first roll those funds into an IRA, and then contact the IRA administrator to transfer the funds to YHIS. Please call YHIS if you would like to discuss this. Please also contact YHIS once you initiate the transfer, so that we can look for the funds from the IRA administrator.
Through Trusts, Insurance, and/or Your Will
You can benefit YHIS through a variety of other planned gifts that also may have tax advantages. Your financial advisor or lawyer can provide more details for your specific situation. Please call YHIS if you are interested in discussing these further. Some examples include：
- A Charitable Lead Trust will pay income to YHIS for a period of time, with other beneficiary/ies receiving the bulk of the trust later.
- A Charitable Remainder Unitrust will pay income to you and/or beneficiary/ies you designate, with YHIS receiving the bulk of the trust later.
- You can designate YHIS as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- You can provide for YHIS through your will.
Ways that your Employer can Benefit YHIS
Please check on ways you can engage your employer in YHIS:
- matching gifts, to add to your personal gift to YHIS (Ask for a matching gift form from your employer. Please complete and submit it to your employer after making your personal gift to YHIS, and then notify YHIS to be on the lookout for the funds from your employer. Please check on deadlines, as past gifts to YHIS may still be eligible for a match.)
- outright grants and/or sponsorships (Often, an internal advocate can be helpful.)
- grants related to volunteer hours that employees devote to an organization
In-Kind GiftsYHIS also welcomes in-kind gifts, e.g., art supplies, office materials, sports equipment, etc. Please contact us to discuss further.
These are historic times. Help us help our students learn, grow, and thrive! YingHua is sowing the seeds for tomorrow's leaders. Please join us!